A reel star can attract people with acting skills and make them watch a movie, but a real star attracts people with their kind heart and makes them follow.
In this blog: let’s discuss a famous Oscar-winning actress Angelina Jolie’s charity work. She has two faces like a coin. One face we all know very well as a leading Hollywood actress, filmmaker, and model. Most of us don’t know her second face. Angelina Jolie is also a well-rounded and extremely active philanthropist and humanitarian.
Why should we know about Charity Work by Angelina Jolie?
Charity means helping people who are in need. But Angelina Jolie defines charity in her own way. Angelina Jolie felt that the greatest charity that she can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and she adopted three children and become a mother. Angelina traveled very dangerous and war-torn areas to know the people conditions there. Being a star Angelina never relaxed watching her status, but took up the responsibility to give back to the people and hence took up the charity and from day one addressed the many issues and worked on spreading awareness among the people about those issues. Worldwide many organizations and individuals were inspired and came forward to help the people and showed their humanity towards humans.
These are the Charity Work by Angelina Jolie
- While Angelina was in tomb raider shooting in Cambodia she becomes fully aware of the need of the humanities activities entire world.
- Angelina Jolie charity work mainly addresses the issues like abuse, adoption, cancer, fostering, orphans, aids & HIV, disaster relief, health, education, human trafficking, refugees, poverty, women, environment, and literacy.
- since 2001 Angelina is on the expedition of protecting the refugees in many countries like Cambodia, New Delhi, Tanzania, Pakistan, Iraq, Ecuador, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, North Caucasus, Syria, Egypt, Costa Rica, Chad, and Thailand.
- Angelina Jolie Charity Work was recognized by the UNHCR and was chosen as the goodwill ambassador of UNHCR in 2001 to spread awareness and respect for the refugees
- In 2003, she founded the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation (after her first son, Maddox, who she adopted from Cambodia) which is dedicated to community development and environmental conservation in Cambodia.
- To eliminate extreme poverty and spread awareness to protect natural resources and wildlife Angelina started a charity named Jolie-Pitt Foundation. For helping the people who are affected by epidemics, disaster, malnutrition, and violence, military battle this foundation donated 1 million dollars to an organization called doctors without boundaries.
Related Links: Click to help needy people
- Jolie and Pitt have donated about 8 million dollars for charity alone in 2006 according to tax documents.
- For the education of children who are living in the conflict areas, she started another organization named education partnership for children of conflict. Many organizations, charities and individuals were inspired and come forward to help in providing education to children. Now nearly 7 lakh children are benefiting from this organization.
Related Links: Charity for Education, Click now to help
- She also visited Pakistan and Afghan refugee camps and donated 1 million dollars.
- Angelina’s mother died of ovarian cancer. As a memory of her mother, Angelina, and her brother made a donation to the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Throughout the world, many people were benefited from Angelina Jolie’s charity work. If only one person did these many things for the wellbeing of humankind. What will happen when all of us come forward to help the poor?
Within a few years, we won’t hear the word charity.
We would love to hear your views, please share it in the comments section.