Interesting Facts About Ngos In India That You Never Knew
In this blog: We’ll disclose a few lesser-known interesting facts about NGOs in India. Read till the end, we are sure it will raise your eyebrows.
Who doesn’t love facts and figures? The interesting news is always read and loved by the users. Similar information is floating on the internet but several facts are distorted, for the sake of entertainment.
We’ll make sure the facts & information provided here will be via genuine source.
Here Are The Interesting Facts About NGOs In India:
- The First-ever NGO organization in India ‘Bengal Home Industries Association’ was founded by nephews of Sri Rabindranath Tagore in the year 1915 (still running).
- In 2018, the Supreme Court issued a notice to CBI and the inquiry found that only 5% of NGOs in India are registered. This is why one shall know the legal status of NGO matters.
- In India, there are a total of
for various social causes. Most of them are focused on child education.
- Total donations in India for NGOs crossed a gross charity of worth 2,200 crore rupees. (source)
- India has one of the largest orphan kids. Reportedly, India has more than 30 million abandoned children.
Fascinating right… Have something to share? Feel free to comment below.
Since you are here,
SERUDS is an NGO that works for many underprivileged children and old age people. We request our readers to make a donation for the needy people. Click to make a charity.